plan covers reasonable and customary medical expenses towards hospitalisation/hospitalization for illness, surgery, and injury contracted or sustained during the policy term. The cover is subject to terms, conditions, limitations, waiting period, and exclusions as described below:
- Daily Hospital Cash Benefit (DHCB): In the event of Hospitalization for Medically Necessary treatment of any Illness including critical illnesses or Injury for a minimum period of 48 hrs a fixed amount of 1% of Sum Assured per day will be payable from the first day for the duration of Hospitalization for a valid claim.
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) benefit: An additional 100% of DHCB amount (1% of Sum Assured) per day is paid for each day of stay in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the insured. This benefit is payable only if the DHCB is payable.
- Recuperation Benefit (RB): A recuperating benefit equal to 3% of Sum Assured is payable for 7 or more days of continuous hospitalization for the same injury or disease, subject to the DHCB being payable at the time of hospitalization.
- Surgical Cash Benefit (SCB): In the event of hospitalization/hospitalization for a minimum period of 24 hours for undergoing any valid and medically necessary surgery, except some major surgeries in MSB in India, a lump sum benefit equal to 10% of Sum Assured will be paid.
- Major Surgical Benefit (MSB): In the event of Hospitalization for a minimum period of 24 hours for undergoing any one of the listed Major Surgeries a guaranteed amount equal to 100% of Sum Assured will be paid.
- Critical Illness (CI): In the event of a confirmed diagnosis of any one of the listed critical illnesses a one-time fixed amount equal to 100% of Sum Assured will be paid and the benefit will cease to continue for the lifetime.